Practical Training - Prehospital Care on Advanced Level I (AV-2-064)
Examiner: Carstens Laura
- Once you have completed the study unit you will be
- Act professionally in contact with patients and
relatives in the prehospital context
- According to your knowledge and skills, perform an
adequate and systematic clinical assessment of all
patients in the prehospital context.
- Recognize abnormalities in the vital functions,
perform a primary and secondary assessment of
patients? conditions, then plan and accordingly
perform the necessary treatments.
- Act as a member of the prehospital care team and
also understand the role of the responsible
- Make motivated decisions on the correct and most
adequate treatment facility for the patient
- Give a verbal and written report, according to
adequate standards and models.
- Appropriately use both treatment and
transportations equipment in an ambulance
- Appropriately and according to standards sanitize
the ambulance treatment area and equipment
- Understand the basics, and use, the official
prehospital telecommunication equipment (VIRVE)
- Recognize and understand the injury mechanisms and
typical types of injury in a traumatically injured
- Recognize the most common medications used by
patients and know how and where to look up further
information on them
- Recognize and use medications used on advanced-
level emergency care.
Understand the prehospital process from alarm to
returning to station
- Understand how the prehospital system of your
placement works, as part of the healthcare system
and is knowledgeable in the local treatment
directives and guidelines.
- Is knowledgeable in the cooperation between
police, rescue services, social work, Dispatch
Center and healthcare facilities.
- Understand the basic functions and roles in an
assignment involving multiple patients.
- Can describe the pathophysiology, symptoms,
findings and treatment of the most common medical
and traumatic cases
Able to critically reflect on your performance in
caring situations and describe your own goals
relating to the practice placement